Photos by Banjarconverto on Buzznet

Monday, January 23, 2006

My GF4 Ti 4400















My third video card in my life (well, the fourth if you consider S3 Virge 3D to be a graphics accelerator, my first video card). MSI GeForce 4 Ti4400, once a force to reckon with. Along with his elder brother, GF4 Ti4600, they are the first to sports more than 1 vertex shader (I think!) It's two.

I can say that this card is an incremental improvement, refreshments from its predecessors. I mean, basically, higher clocks, add more of this, more of that etc. Bought this card for RM1000 in 2002, it served well in rendering Quake 3 experiences for me.

Its service was put to an end in 2004 when I purchased another graphics card. Currently, the card is having some problems in displaying images to screen. I think it's not related to 3D rendering, because it happens also in 2D environment e.g. desktop. I'm still working on it tho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home