Photos by Banjarconverto on Buzznet

Monday, January 23, 2006

6800 GS AGP unlockable????

Oh My! I just can't believe it. Another good card is reported to be unlockable to 16 pipelines! And it happens to be an AGP card. Apparently because it uses NV40 core (which vanilla 6800 AGP uses) the same principle also applies to GS variants (AGP only!). Well, that explains it; they are actually the same core.

However, the success rate is not 100% where there are several damaged unlocked quad pipes reported. If you experienced this, it is advisable that you locked the quad pipelines again.

I do understand that any 6800 GS AGP who knows about this will definitely try their luck at unlocking the card. Why? Personally, I think the gripe about this card is;

1. The card is priced at similar or higher than its PCI-E counterpart. Why? Mostly due to extra cost for HSI bridge being used.

2. The core clock for AGP card is significantly lower than that of PCI-E, that is 350 MHz compared to 425 MHz.

If I own one of this graphics card, I will try to unlock it too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home