Photos by Banjarconverto on Buzznet

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Benchmarking Battlefield 2

I must say that this is one tough (visually) game. No, let me put it this way: this is one visually beautiful war scenario game. As usual, using my own standard setup as I've done with previous game benchmarks, I took a deep breath as my X800 GTO endured a 60-seconds benchmarking as monitored by FRAPS. The map that I used is the first single player map, the one where...emm I can't remember, but it's the first of 16 missions available.

This is the BF2 in-game video settings:

BF2 video setting

Looks scary to me, but bare in mind that this is played at 1024x768, a minimum resolution that any 'above average' gamers would play at nowadays (I bet many of them would laugh when looking at this!). Once again, at the GTO clocks of 500/550, here's the result:

Max. FPS = 80, Min. FPS = 53, Avg. FPS = 64.5

I realize that this result does not apply to all maps in the game. What I did was benchmarking it during quite heavy close combating scenes with a few tanks around, just to get the most taxing scene possible.

Anyway, the overall experience is just okay, as I still notice frequent stuttering moments throughout normal gameplay. I definitely need a more powerful graphics card to play this baby.

Screenshot:

BF2 shots

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home