Photos by Banjarconverto on Buzznet

Friday, February 10, 2006

86.2 FPS in Quake 4 benchmark!

Whoaaa! I was impressed myself, how my X800 GTO pull itself in the stressful benchmark under Quake 4. I used a demo called 'HWSpirit' (I don't remember where I got this demo!) but it is recorded in the very early scenario in Quake 4 (immediately after your ship crash in Strogg planet).


Q4 timedemo


Here are the snapshots of the in-game setting I used in Quake 4:

Q4 setting1


Q4 setting2

Ah-haa, you might say! Yeah, I did compromise the realism of the game as I turned off the shadows. I just think that it's too taxing that it doesn't fit me as a framerate freak.

Once again, the clocks on my X800 GTO is 500/550.

A few screenshots of the game:

Q4 pic


Q4 pic2



Q4 pic3

You can notice that the environment looks significantly bright. I maxed out the brightness as I don't like fragging in the dark that much. IMO, it's best to use an LCD monitor to play that kind of environment in Quake 4 (better brightness and contrast!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home