Photos by Banjarconverto on Buzznet

Monday, October 29, 2007

Crysis Demo : a quickie ....

Okay, let me do a rundown on the demo very very quickly. First of all, it's a 1.8 GB worth of download, so 56K beware! Then, the installation requires the latest driver for the graphics card (obviously!), so I downloaded Forceware 163.71 from NVIDIA website for my 7800 GT. Yeah, that's right: I'm still pimpin' my GPU here!

Straight into the game: I launched the demo, watched all the displays from sponsors and developers, and finally into the menu. I set all control configurations and touched nothing on the graphics settings except the resolution: I changed it to 1024x768. Yes, that's pathetic alright!
I just gotta be sure, I can still run the game. And you know how did Crysis auto configured the game according to my system? It put all graphics options to LOW, yess, that's right, LOW!
For a PC spec that you can see on my profile, running Win XP SP2, this is what you are going to get when playing Crysis.

When everything's set (with FRAPS running in the background), I launched the new game, watched everything played out in my PC. As a quickie, I love the new HUD system, love the binoculars, the map, etc...everything was just fine EXCEPT that I'm playing at the mediocre graphics settings, which is the reason for all Crysis hypes. I killed some baddies, and snapped a few screenies along the way.

I haven't finished the demo yet, but I'm eager to share with you my screenshots. Just remember, these are what you're gonna see, if you're having a similar setup as mine, running Crysis at an average of 50 FPS!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home