Photos by Banjarconverto on Buzznet

Monday, October 08, 2007

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.... Oh My God!!

Recently I took a time to download a demo of an interesting game, probably among the most awaited game in 2007, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. Using Doom3 engine, or some might say Tech4 developed by id Software's programming guru John Carmack, this game forces the engine to show its muscle in outdoor environment. With MegaTexturing in hand, it actually does pretty well at it.

Anyway, this is not a full-fledge review like what I did with Test Drive Unlimited before but more of an first impression of the game. Let me begin with saying that 'Wow!' can only described the game partially, as ET:QW really brings my adrenaline rushing again! The team-based FPS really does it again for me, and this time powered by my favourite OpenGL 3D engine ever.

Actually, it's the gameplay that drives me crazy most. Even though the demo only gives 1 map, it gives me a complete picture of what ET:QW will deliver in full game. The elements in the game are balanced: AI, missions and campaigns, character class etc. bring a lot of space to experiment with. I can say I just can't get enough of it after playing it again and again!

I spent a lot of hours playing offline and I did also tried a few servers online which runs the demo. This definitely brings back all memories all way back to Quake 3 Arena times!

Definitely two thumbs up! I can't wait to get the full game of ET:QW which is already available now.

Profile selection interface

ET:QW main menu

Wait for medic, or the next deployment wave

Doom3 engine in outdoor environment

I used rocket launcher all the time, my favourite!

Status of friendly or enemy when pointed using crosshair

Through the sniper's scope

Strogg's fireblaze from the sky

Camper's paradise, yeehahh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home