Photos by Banjarconverto on Buzznet

Friday, November 16, 2007

Finally, I got myself an 8800 GT!

It has been almost two years of gaming using AOpen 7800 GT, and I have endured many games together with this card. Now, it's time to move on to the next generation of graphics card. I think I've waited patiently for this, I've waited for the right time and price and when the opportunity comes, I grab it without any more doubt and hesitation.

It was almost midday today when I suddenly called my favourite PC shop in KL, asking if there's a new stock on any 8800 GT card. Luckily there was and to my surprise, there was only 2 more pieces left. With a price tag of RM899 (approx. $260), this is a bargain I cannot let go. Off to the shop then.

Behold, Zotac 8800 GT! Finally, I managed to grab one of the last 2 units. I was also surprised to know that the card is already pre-overclock from the factory, running at 660 MHz core (standard clock is 600 MHz).

I managed to get some snapshots of the card and the rest of the contents:







As you can see, Zotac 8800 GT holds nothing special in terms of box contents and card appearance: it follows NVIDIA reference card and cooler design. There is no bundle games and the accessories are very basic, but still serve the purposes. What really attracts me is that the price is very attractive for factory-overclocked graphics card.

I have yet to replace this card into my rig, but if you're interested to know its performance, the closest review are the ones at TechPowerUp and DriverHeaven as they both reviewed Zotac 8800 GT AMP! Edition, which is pre-overclocked at 700 Mhz core. Just lower the score a little bit and you got some ideas how Zotac 8800 GT regular version performs.

I hope that this is a good investment for me in PC gaming. There's a slight chance that my gaming era is about to slow down as I'm getting older day by day. However, I value every graphics card that I bought and having been a PC gamer since the last 10 years, each card I have means something to me.

The story continues....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home