Photos by Banjarconverto on Buzznet

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

8800 GT is launched!

Okay, I know it's a bit late but yesterday, October 29th was the launching day for the new graphics card from NVIDIA, GeForce 8800 GT. Based on G92 chip, 8800 GT boasts some new features and performance higher than 8800 GTS 320 MB and in most cases, GTS 640 MB.

There are numerous reviews already scattering around, so to get more details, you can read some of them here:

Anand's Review
Expreview
Tweaktown (MSI NX8800GT) (thanks TroubleM)
Boot Daily
VR-Zone
TomsHardware (Leadtek WinFast PX8800GT)
EliteBastards (ASUS EN8800GT)
Hardocp
FiringSquad
Guru3D (SLI)
HotHardware (SLI)
TechReport
FPSLabs (SLI)
Motherboards.org
LegitReviews
TechPowerup

(credit goes to HigherGround, a member of AnandTech forum)

You know what, I almost bought the card today...2 times! Everytime I wanted to step over to the shop, something else came by, drawing my attention away. The money was already in my pocket and I was just a cashier away from purchasing it. It looks like I just have to wait for something....probably a price drop when RV670 is released, perhaps?

Anyway, I think 8800 GT is a suitable card for me. It's been 2 years since I've been pimping 7800 GT and I think, it's almost time to move on. It also looks like I'm the guy who will always be associated with the 'GT' variant, no matter what. Who knows, maybe another trip in the future with 9800 GT, B8E GT and so on.

As soon as I grab a new graphics card, I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home