Photos by Banjarconverto on Buzznet

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Race Driver GRID demo : a preview

I just have downloaded a demo of Race Driver GRID, a soon-to-be-released racing game by Codemasters. I gotta admit that since the frustration due to buggy NFS Pro Street, I didn't play much racing game (except Juiced 2 HIN, which I haven't completed it anyway!) until now. Anyway, I just cross my fingers, hoping this demo would at least bring some good gaming time for me.

It's a 893 MB worth of demo, so yeah..probably an early indication of a well-packed, solid game, perhaps? So, went through installation procedures and then I executed the game straight away. I don't even bother to update my PC with the latest graphics driver or some sort. Let's see if this unoptimized gaming rig can run the game smoothly or not.

Okay, to begin with, I should mention that the menu is easy to navigate, direct and clear. Maybe I have to make an exception on the control settings for the controller (keyboard). Usually, you use Esc and Enter to basically change the settings, accept it and then escape from the setting menu. This time, you have to use Control to initiate the change, then Enter to change and accept it, before getting out of the settings. Try it for yourself and you'll understand it.

With default graphics settings at 1280x1024 res, I ran the game. I'm glad to say that my unoptimized PC ran this game at an average of 45-55 fps. with framerates that never went below 38 fps. It's a butter smooth graphics in my observation, thanks to 8800 GT under the hood. Anyway, this is not the maxed out settings allowed in the game. You have various graphics related tweaks to make the best graphics out of this game.

I just completed a few rounds of the demo and...oh yeahh, you got 3 circuits and 3 cars to try on this demo. What can I say is.......I think this game is going to cure my frustration!











2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, July 13, 2008 , Blogger RB said...

Hey can you tell me the cars controls like stering sensitivity etc in order to control cars perfectly

 
At 12:25 AM, July 22, 2008 , Blogger banjarconverto said...

hi rishikiran,

i'm not sure, as every player has their own preferred settings. for me, normally i go for the default, except that i tend to use Space for brake and Left Control for handbrake. For analog control eg. steering sensitivity and such, i'm afraid i can't suggest much as i'm still using keyboard for racing games :)

Happy gaming!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home